Candidates are required to complete a 120-hour AFP Certification Education Program with an Approved Education Provider in order to be eligible for the CFP Certification Examination (Foundation Level).
The integrated education program includes the subjects of:
- Financial Management
- Financial Planning Principles
- Introduction to Investment
- Fundamental Insurance and Retirement
Exemption from the AFP Certification Education Program
Candidates may qualify for exemption from the AFP Certification Education Program if they meet one of the following requirements:
- Fast-track to CFP Certification : Bachelor's Degree in any discipline or certain professional credentials. Please refer to the lists of "Fast-track to CFP Certification" for qualifications eligible for the exemption.
- Transcript Review: Candidates who have taken comparable Sub-Degree courses in an accredited education institution may apply for transcript review to waive the education requirement for AFP Certification.
Validity of AFP Certification Education Records
There is no expiry date of the education records, thus allowing flexibility for Candidates to schedule their education program according to their own needs.
Approved Education Providers
Currently, the education program is provided by the IFPHK’s Approved Education Providers. These Approved Education Providers comply with a rigorous approval process to ensure quality and standardization. The IFPHK also provides education providers with study materials and comprehensive guidelines. The Approved Education Providers are:
- Institute for Entrepreneurship (IfE), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Tel: 3400 2773 Fax: 2765 6323
- School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPACE), The University of Hong Kong
Tel: 2867 8468 Fax: 2861 2404
- School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE), City University of Hong Kong
Tel: 3442 5487 Fax: 3442 0399
- School of Continuing Studies (SCS), Macau University of Science and Technology (MUST)
Tel: (853) 8796 1998 Fax: (853) 2875 0019
1 Candidates must provide proof of the relevant academic or professional credential.
2 Students studying towards a Bachelor's Degree awarded by an accredited education institution are eligible for CONDITIONAL
exemptions from the AFP Certification Education Program, and directly attempt the CFP Certification Examination (Foundation
Level). However please note that this admission to the examination DOES NOT imply fulfillment of the Education requirement for
AFP Certification. Candidates admitted through this path are required to show evidence of completion of the relevant degree
program (or any other qualification eligible for exemption) upon certification. In addition, full-time students who are taking up
a face-to-face undergraduate degree program in Hong Kong degree-awarding higher education institutions are eligible to apply for
concessionary fee arrangement.