Experience is based on the number of years of qualified work experience, and must comply with the following standards:
Work Experience Standards
• To certify as an AFPTM certificant you must posses ONE year of full-time Qualified Work Experience or the equivalent part-time (2,000 hours part-time equals one year full-time).
• To certify as a CFPCM certificant you must posses THREE year of full-time Qualified Work Experience, or the equivalent part-time (2,000 hours part-time equals one year full-time).
• Based on the declared residence status of the candidate, at least one year of experience must have been gained in the region/ country of residency.
• Experience may be gained up to ten years before or eight years after the CFP Certification Examination or AFP Certification Examination date. If the work experience requirement is not fulfilled within this time frame, the candidacy for certification may be terminated.
• It is envisaged that only candidates employed in the financial services industry would be likely to meet the above requirements, which includes accounting firms, banks, financial planning companies, insurance companies, law firms and related legal services, mutual fund companies, securities and brokerage houses, trust companies and universities.
If necessary, IFPHK will add other types of employment or business in the definition of financial services industry.
• The submitted experience record must be verified and attested by the candidate's current supervisor, or a member of the senior management, or the human resources manager of the candidate's current employer. If the candidate is a sole proprietor, a third party product provider may verify his or her experience.
For complete information on how IFPHK defines Qualified Work Experience, please refer HERE.